Voyage through the otherworldly Arctic Circle on this 11-day itinerary featuring a seven-night cruise on the Five-Star L’Austral. Visit in the region’s most enchanting season, when the sun never sets. Sail the shores of secluded Spitsbergen, the jewel of Norway’s rarely visited Svalbard archipelago, and enjoy expert-led Zodiac excursions in diverse terrains, where remarkable wildlife—from whales and walruses to Svalbard reindeer and Arctic foxes—roam freely. Overnight accommodations are included in Paris for the program’s flights to/from Longyearbyen. HOME OF THE POLAR BEAR, “KING OF THE ARCTIC”
1. Depart the U.S.
2. Arrive in Paris, France
3. Paris/Fly to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Norway/Embark L’Austral
4. Hornsund for Burgerbukta and Samarin Glacier
5. Bellsund for Calypsobyen and Camp Millar
6. Cruise the Arctic Ice Pack/Polar Bear Search
7. Woodfjorden for Makeoyane/Monaco Glacier
9. Ny-Alesund/Kongsfjorden for King’s Glacier
10. Longyearbyen/Disembark ship/Fly to Paris, France
11. Paris/Return to the U.S.
Paris Pre-Program Option available